Mountains

Mountains

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chemist Creates Home Networking Disaster, Innocent Dog Traumatized

I decided to go through the two large boxes of random electronics that I had accreted since 2003-ish.

I have many things that I no longer remember obtaining.

I found at least 15 Cat-5 ethernet cables. I also discovered I have several 802.11x access points and routers (one for -b and one for -g, to go with the -n that Verizon gave me). I also have a 10-BaseT hub and a 100-BaseT switch, a wireless bridge, an 802.11b pcmcia card.

I am tempted to wire it all up to maximize the blinking lights in my office.

There are least 5 wall warts that do not appear to match anything I own. One even says "Atari" on the back.

There are the guts of 3 laptops.

A water (beer) proof silicon keyboard.

Several mini DIN-8 to DB-9 serial cables...

And SCSI cables!

Curiously, no modems.

I could have left a lot of this in New Hampshire...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the tone...