Mountains

Mountains

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Can't Keep Up

Between the new job and everything else, it seems like I'm chronically behind actually looking at photos. I'm taking few photos too... there's less to see in the sterility of NoVa, to be honest. I'm thinking of trying to do more portraits. Those are harder to pull off, though generally worth it.

Besides, I think I need to find a new direction to take my art. Weeding through thousands of photos, I have a nagging sensation that I keep taking the same photos all over again. In a way, it's comfortable, like how you share the same stories with friends time and time again, but there's always a need for new material. You don't want conversations to run dry. New angles keep things fresh.

An upshot of being so damn behind is that the Ubiquitous You get to see summer in January. Too bad it's not yet bitterly cold enough to really inspire you to wish it was summer yet.

I even wore shorts today.




Here's a bunch of Blackeyed Susans to warm you eyes.

From July until October we watched a the nieghbors hibiscus plant proceed on a daily march, blooming one flower at a time, which then collapsed and turned into a wrinkled, fleshy wad.



Miniature onions do well here.

I drove home in a driving rainstorm. By the time I got inside, the sun was beaming through the back windows, though the pouring continued. I grabbed my camera and ran out into the street, just in time to see my world cast in jewels.

 Another long windy road in our old car.

This car seems out of place.

Rocks are just little rocks glued together with littler rocks.

What God Hath Wrought...
...is surreal and subject to interpretation.

Fingerprints of time are everywhere.



Irony.


Dog days of summer.

The dog equivalent of a bikini.

Another missed connection in the big city.

The girly. Beautiful as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the tone...