Mountains

Mountains

Friday, March 9, 2012

Pre-Apocalyptic Wasteland


The major question in my mind, at the moment, was whether the houses we were standing next to were abandoned or not. There were cars parked out side in reasonable states of disrepair, but the there was detritus strewn around the yards. The paint was cracked and faded. The blinds were closed. The plants a mixed between dead, trimmed, and feral. Various adornments were out of place: a destroyed light fixture, a fallen flag pole, a broken statue. I couldn't see any lights on, outside or in, but one had a garage door open, down the street, a car idled, warming itself.

I turned to ask the Dog his opinion, to see if he thought people lived around here, but he was smelling a discolored spot of grass. I took up the slack in the leash, and we moved on down the street. I stepped around a piece of concrete that said "BROADBANDTM". I suppose Victoria's Secret is now advertising using sidewalk impressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the tone...