Mountains

Mountains

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Peppers II

Story Continued from Peppers I

The peppers didn't die from what will have to pass at my attempts to harden them by accidentally leaving them out overnight to freeze. In fact, they were starting to get pretty gnarly. I think they were permanently scared by their fears of abandonment.


So, I put them in the ground! It turns out a tray of 36 pepper plants will fill 1 and half garden beds. I'm going to have to find a way to build some more.

I'm surpised at how well plants work, honestly. While the Girly swears that I have a green thumb, my actual approach is pretty much plant, water, and then see what happens. Not "hope for the best", there definite resignation that things probably won't work. I don't take my plants seriously at all. I randomly decide to sprout seeds, randomly decide to plant seedlings, and keep random green things as house plants. Regard to soil? Little. Regard to timing: less. I'm pretty sure I started carrots in late august last year. That's why they only made it to a few inches long. And yet, usually things survive and often produce... as long as I can keep the animals away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the tone...