Mountains

Mountains

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Creeping Technology

I read all about cameras and their technical specifications until I got the D200.

Then, I read a bunch about how to work them, and memorized a bunch of different techniques. I wouldn't say that's all wrote and 100% memorized, but I have most of what I need engrained.

I still wish I had some more lenses, but I don't wish so badly that I've tried to own.

Now, I look at pictures, think about taking pictures, periodically take pictures, and dread actually sitting in front of the computer to view, and edit them.

I went through a series of mediocre point and shoot cameras after the Sony DSC-P73 croaked. Shortly after grad school, really, when the first paycheck that came that wasn't obviously for disaster recovery came, I splashed out on the Canon S95. The things has a quite beauty to it: small and powerful, it almost always pulls through with great quality images. It is so much better than the progenitors that it's a unique experience. Closer to the D200. Better, if you count live view, and the ability to put it in your pocket.

I was looking at my flower photos. (I take so many pictures of flowers and so few of my wife. I'm doing it wrong!) The detail and focus are simply wonderful. I pushed the button and it worked.

It's up to the photographer to focus on art and being creative.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the tone...