Mountains

Mountains

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Yet Another Derby Photo


In my photography, I work very hard to get the camera settings nailed so I have a minimal amount (by which, I mean, no work!) to do in post processing, beyond eliminating the shots that aren't interesting and attractive. The creative dimension of editing is mostly cast aside. Every now and then, I remember that the elements that make an image interesting can be amplified and distorted to change and enhance what the image actually says. There are knobs and buttons that don't get pressed, but could.

Right now, rollerderby is the most interesting subject I work with. I've been playing with capturing the raw banality of the DC suburbs, but, by definition, that's a very stale subject to work with, and requires an extremely careful editorial eye, otherwise, the photos are just pictures of 'burbs. There's a lot of depth in derby that i'm leaving untapped, either by vision or technique. I should think about how to get a little closer to the nerves, and see what digging will yield.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the tone...