Mountains

Mountains

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Poof.

It has been three years since NMT decided to a) eliminate alumni TCC accounts b) go back on the agreements with those who had prepaid for long periods or purchased lifetime accounts, and c) alienate me as an alumni and insure I would never donate money to the school.

In the interceding time, my original site soldiered on in zombie form. I was unable to login, but the page was still there, and worked as recently as a few weeks ago. However, it now appears that www.nmt.edu/~holstien/ is now truly expunged from the TCC servers. For several weeks, that URL has returned a 404.

You can, of course, still see it on the Wayback Machine. I don't have vital statistics, but those of you still interested in Power Macintosh G4 fan noise might still find that information useful.

I intend to continue to maintain a presence here for the immediate future. While I had originally planned on a quick move to a different host I directly control, Blogger works well enough and the amount of space available for storing photos is increasing faster than I care to create and post new entries. At some point, it is likely that google will neuter blogger and ultimately attempt to merge it with google+ into a single product no one thinks is cool or useful. Then I will once again consider the options for my broadcasts into the nothing.

I may resort to writing letters and mailing them.

Until then, keep drinking the formaldehyde.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the tone...