Mountains

Mountains

Friday, April 11, 2014

Wishing for Another Blog

The Girly and I live in a small plop of a town that's really just some lines drawn on a map that is the bigger, unincorporated city that we actually think about ourselves living in.

At one point, the town had it's own paper. That got sucked under the bus by the internet and the Recession. For a while, there was a great patch site. It was so good the town council gave the editor an award for the quality of coverage provided. That's right, the government was so hungry for attention it gave someone an award. It's looking more and more like patch is a thing that was instead of something that's actually tied to current events, or even things that are happening. I'm slightly jealous that some of the other arbitrary-line-on-the-map areas around have their blogs associated with them.

Suffice to say, I'm surprised that no one is ranting about life here. There's 23,000 people who collapse into unconscious stupor every night here. And no one has anything to say?

Unbefuckingleavable.

In light of my previously stated thoughts on the efficacy of personal blogs that are just navel gazing brain dumps, I'm now considering setting up a local site focused on the happenings around town. That's probably an outlet where writing about what I'm already doing anyway would be useful, and gets around the annoying problems about writing about stuff that I'm doing for a large entity that prefers that I am just another face in the blizzard.

On the other had, site statistics show that Oldsmobile, Volvo, and Rollerderby photography (oh, and a nod to vacuum cleaner hot rodding) are all hot topics that people flock here to see in droves. I have ~2000 hits on the Volvo timing belt article. There's a good argument to keep on trucking, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the tone...