Mountains

Mountains

Monday, November 22, 2010

Swedish Brick

On Thursday, I closed the deal on the Volvo. On friday, I registered and titled it.

I spent a most of the rest of the weekend under the hood, and more often, under the dash, getting the long list of quirks ironed out and and assessing which components need to be ordered to get it to pass inspection.

Somebody at Rockauto is going to be putting their kid through college thanks to me. Mufflers and exhaust pipes, turn signal covers, rear gate lifters...





The Girly is going to be peeling the many excess stickers off. It has military base, college, racing, Volvo, and rockband decals. It's been around a bit.

Though, it is less rusty than the ChevOldsmoBuiac.

It is remarkably well engineered. All the powerlocks and windows still work, and the dash is rattle free. It's supported by a metal frame and not pure plastic. Cars should be built like this.

The funny thing is I knew it was going to be mine as soon as I saw a "Type-R" sticker on a 4 cylinder station wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the tone...