Mountains

Mountains

Monday, May 2, 2011

Accidental Record Keeping

In piecing through the piles of photos I took but didn't archive while I was writing my dissertation, I've come accross quite a few repeats, leading to accidental and interesting studies in the evolution of things.

Building the new Wiswall Bridge (New Market, NH). December 2009:

Flood at Wiswall Bridge, April 2010:



The Chive: Early January 2010:

The Chive: March 2010:

The Chive: April 2010:

I found the chive growing the bottom of my refrigerator after a two week trip to Colorado and California. Notably, where I would take an amazing backpacking trip with, and fall head over heals for, my future wife.

After several weeks of hiding in the cool darkness of the ice cabnet, I found several chives not rotton, but thriving. I ate two and put the third one in a spare pot, which it quickly outgrew. After 3 years of re-potting, it flowered. After 4, I gave it to my friend Rachel when we were moving, along with our TV and a irstwhile cactus. I am under the impression she ate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the tone...