Mountains

Mountains

Monday, February 6, 2012

Panorama-orama

When I originally started making panoramas, I had to add to do a significant amount of work by hand before software was able to merge photos to create final images. As a result, I never completed a lot of panoramas that were more challenging to organize.


I found that I had a small collection of folders with titles ending in -pano that dated from various points in 2009. Some of them had significant technical flaws that made stitching either pointless or un-approachable: severe paralax, out of focus, or wild exposure variations. But, a few came together quite nicely. I also found one that I do not think I ever posted.

I have one from 2008 that I wish to complete, but will require quite a bit of labor to get posted. It is a a 270 degree view of the middle of the Bonneville Salt Flats. The lack of detail confuses stitching software to no end.

Mt. Major, New Hampshire. In spring, I think.

Thompson Farm Field Site. Newmarket New Hampshire

The corner of Court and Union Street, Dover New Hampshire

A rooftop view of Reston Virginia (2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the tone...