Mountains

Mountains

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Stirings

Our worries that winter has forgotten us have been poured into a mold and have started to congeal.

I rode my bike to work on Tuesday, and things are looking up for tomorrow as well. I write this with mixed feelings on the subject. Suffice to say, after growing up in the Rockies, where snow must be shoveled from September until May, I have no real love for winter's drudgeries. Especially the shoveling, scraping, and cold-morning dog walking.

I do recognize that winter serves a purpose in the ecosystem. Among them, a good hard freeze will kill all the insects. As it is, we are still getting bites from last years bugs. The implications abound.
This year has been a very un-DC winter, the pattern of rain/snow, followed by several days of cold amplified by stout winds has not materialized. It's been a carolina winter. 

In the fall, I purchased ~100 bulbs at Home Despot, and planted them everywhere in the yard I imagined a flower my take hold, especially in places where The Dog can't reach. I figured if I saw one or two flowers, I'd consider my project a success. Things are looking up in that regard, as long as The Dog can hold the deer at bay.
 
Perhaps I should consider getting the air conditioner in the Volvo repaired? Does this forebode for summer? I intellectually know it does not, but I am not there yet spiritually.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the tone...